- ► 2013 (288)
- ► 2012 (294)
- ► 2011 (185)
- Nolcha's Beyond the Runway Competition
- Strut the Sidewalk Catwalk on Broadway
- ECO-CHIC at the Scandinavia House
- Scottish Fashion Awards 2010
- Brooklyn Fashion: American High Style Hands On
- Pay It Fashion Forward - Summer Rayne Oakes Delive...
- 4th Annual Independent Handbag Designer Awards -Pa...
- FAB Exclusive: Bibhu Mohapatra Studio Tour
- FAB Sales Picks: Carlos Falchi
- Designer Dads - Fashion's Top Father Figures
- Bright Young Things Launch of the LBD
- Fashionable Father's Day Picks
- FFAWNing over Blige and Malandrino's Collection
- Fashion History Starts Now
- LIVE: Cynthia Rowley Resort Goes Mobile
- Chanel Onscreen...Again
- Women’s Mafia & EngieStyle Present “Once Upon A Ti...
- Stella McCartney "Pre-Spring" 2011
- Fashion Flanked Whitney Art Party
- FAB Sales Alerts: Escada, Helmut Lang, rock & Repu...
- Fashion Through the Hollywood Lens
- Bespoke Shoes by Ildiko Gal
- Derek Lam Resort 2011
- CFDA Fashion Awards 2010 - Emerging Talent Sparkle...
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Resort 2011
- Jason Wu Resort 2011
- Made In Midtown - Keep Fashion in NYC!
- Edun's Eco-Chic Party for the Boys
- FAB Sales Alert: Alice + Olivia, Stella McCartney,...
- Move Over Tavi...Here Comes Maggie!
- ▼ June (30)
- ► 2009 (21)
Friday, June 25, 2010
In Brooklyn, style and culture is a hands-on event. The Brooklyn Museum has a fantastic exhibit of American High Style: Fashioning a National Collection. It features the works of prominent American designers in our history as well as International designers that had an influence on how Americans dressed.
Etsy, online champion of artists everywhere, is collaborating with the museum Saturday for a full day of fashion design events. The events start with a community crochet project, leading to a gallery tour of the exhibit. A panel discussion with fashion editors in the afternoon will elaborate on how Brooklyn design reflects the cultural, ethnic an international trends of the community. The third floor will house a showcase of Brooklyn designers and top graduates of the Pratt Fashion program. Complete event details here.
Dress and photo by naKIMuli. Dress by Adrian, photo from Brooklyn Museum ShareThis