- ► 2013 (288)
- ► 2012 (294)
- ► 2011 (185)
- Nolcha's Beyond the Runway Competition
- Strut the Sidewalk Catwalk on Broadway
- ECO-CHIC at the Scandinavia House
- Scottish Fashion Awards 2010
- Brooklyn Fashion: American High Style Hands On
- Pay It Fashion Forward - Summer Rayne Oakes Delive...
- 4th Annual Independent Handbag Designer Awards -Pa...
- FAB Exclusive: Bibhu Mohapatra Studio Tour
- FAB Sales Picks: Carlos Falchi
- Designer Dads - Fashion's Top Father Figures
- Bright Young Things Launch of the LBD
- Fashionable Father's Day Picks
- FFAWNing over Blige and Malandrino's Collection
- Fashion History Starts Now
- LIVE: Cynthia Rowley Resort Goes Mobile
- Chanel Onscreen...Again
- Women’s Mafia & EngieStyle Present “Once Upon A Ti...
- Stella McCartney "Pre-Spring" 2011
- Fashion Flanked Whitney Art Party
- FAB Sales Alerts: Escada, Helmut Lang, rock & Repu...
- Fashion Through the Hollywood Lens
- Bespoke Shoes by Ildiko Gal
- Derek Lam Resort 2011
- CFDA Fashion Awards 2010 - Emerging Talent Sparkle...
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Resort 2011
- Jason Wu Resort 2011
- Made In Midtown - Keep Fashion in NYC!
- Edun's Eco-Chic Party for the Boys
- FAB Sales Alert: Alice + Olivia, Stella McCartney,...
- Move Over Tavi...Here Comes Maggie!
- ▼ June (30)
- ► 2009 (21)
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Winner Jonathan Saunders with Amanda Wakely
Laura Whitmore wearing nominee Graeme Black
Scotland celebrated its top designers last Sunday. The event took place at the Glasgow Science Center, with VIPs walking down the ‘Tartan’ carpet instead of the red...What else would you expect?
The awards recognized a diverse number of categories within the fashion industry. Besides designer of the year, there were also prizes for textile brand, best designer use of a Scottish fabric, Top retailer and Scottish communicator. Best Scottish model and fashion icon were the higher profile awards.
The Swarovski-style fashion show entertained the celebrity filled VIP dinner. The judging panel included editors from Vogue, Harpers Bazaar and the Daily Telegraph. Jonathan Saunders took home the prize for Designer of the Year. Lisa Omond was awarded Scottish Model of the Year. The evening was hosted by MTV presenter Laura Whitmore.
A smaller fashion icon, Barbie decorated the tables. Attired in a commissioned gown by Saltire, the doll was auctioned to raise money for the Princes Trust in Scotland. For the full list of winners, click through to the Scottish Fashion Awards.
Photos courtesy of Vogue.co.uk ShareThis