Zac Posen, as was Eva Longoria. Halle Berry in a short/long number in Nina Ricci. Piper Perabo wore a glamorous Oscar de la Renta.
The second most popular color was a deep dark green. Angelina Jolie in wore a glittering Versace gown, Catherine Zeta-Jones was glowing next to healthy hubby Michael Douglas in her Monique Lhuillier gown. Elizabeth Moss wore a custom-created Donna Karan gown. Black Swan's Mila Kunis made other ladies green with envy in her Vera Wang.
For those who wanted to highlight their own "Golden Globes", red was the va-va-voom gown of choice. Christina Hendricks of Mad Men reminded of the definition of 'hourglass' in a Romana Keveza silk crepe dress. Castmate January Jones had her assets suspended in anti-gravity in a bandage-like Versace gown. Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang got the most cat calls from the male foreign press...
For the most eccentric (and taking the pressure off all the insecure starlets) red carpet ensemble, the award went to Helena Bonham Carter. I was ecstatic that someone was secure enough to wear something truly original. She wore a sculpted Vivienne Westwood gown of multiple colors and black tulle. She wore a red shoe and a green shoe in a move that laughed in the face of the fashion police.
Images from Getty, WireImage
- ► 2012 (294)
- Giveaway Monday! Theia, Thom Dolan, Katherine Kwei...
- Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture Spring 2011
- Armani Prive Couture Spring 2011
- Vidal Sassoon: The Movie
- Isabel & Ruben Toledo: Artist Toolbox on PBS
- Etro's Caramel Peacock Fall 2011 RTW
- DSquared2's Brokeback Mormons Fall 2011
- Chloe Sevigny Launches Her Collection Partying at ...
- Fashion Illustration: Visual Poetry Exhibit
- Top Trends of the Golden Globes Red Carpet
- Gareth Pugh's Haunting Fashion Video for Pitti Imm...
- Ecco Domani Fashion Designer Award Winners Announc...
- Lanvin Pre-Fall 2011: Beauty and the Beasts
- A Touch of Min-K - Blake Lively's Best Kept Secret...
- Fashion Designers Make the Queen's Honor Roll
- 80's Fashion Makes a Comeback at Sydney's Powerhou...
- Tom Ford Spring 2011
- Vivienne Westwood Baby Shoes
- Fashion Designer Quotes - Statements on Style
- ▼ January (19)
- ► 2010 (262)
- ► 2009 (21)