- ► 2012 (294)
- NY FASHION WEEK: Richard Chai Spring 2012
- NY Fashion Week: Carlos Miele Spring 2012
- Cougar Pillow Boots & Joe Fresh Suede Boots
- Boardwalk Empire Costumes
- Custo Barcelona Spring 2012
- Lacoste Debuts La Machine and Fragrance Launch
- NY FASHION WEEK: Douglas Hannant Spring 2012
- NY FASHION WEEK: Vera Wang Spring 2012
- NY FASHION WEEK: Zang Toi Spring 2012
- NY Fashion Week: LAMB Spring 2012 by Gwen Stefani
- NY FASHION WEEK: Rebecca Minkoff Spring 2012
- NY FASHION WEEK: Betsey Johnson Spring 2012
- NY FASHION WEEK: Diane Von Furstenburg Spring 2012...
- NY FASHION WEEK: Cynthia Rowley Spring 2012
- NY FASHION WEEK: BCBG Spring 2012
- NY FASHION WEEK: TSE Cashmere Spring 2012
- Cynthia Rowley Glambulance
- Fashion's Night Out - Shop Your Heart Out
- Karl Lagerfeld at Macy's
- THEIA Fall 2011
- ▼ September (20)
- ► 2010 (262)
- ► 2009 (21)
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Do you love the China Club? Not the cheesy one in Midtown Manhattan, but the posh one in Hong Kong. Never been there? That's ok, Douglas Hannant brought the glamor and elegance of 1930's Shanghai to the famed New York Plaza Thursday.
The designer did not use obvious Chinoiserie motifs in the clothes. Instead, he evoked the atmosphere of the era in the bamboo backdrop. The silhouettes were modern updates of classic silhouettes as seen in the gowns, sheaths and suits. Mr. Hannant used the most luxurious fabrics available.
Douglas Hannant doesn't pander to Hollywood or red carpet dressing. He prefers to concentrate on dressing his loyal clientele of socialites and grande ladies of the city. His boutique is nestled right next to the famous Warren Tricomi salon at the Plaza. Edward Tricomi of the salon explained his direction for the styling was for classic hairstyles updated with extra volume and crimping.
View our exclusive interview with Douglas Hannant with Mdivani Monroe: ShareThis