- ► 2012 (294)
- ► 2011 (185)
- Emmys Red Carpet Embroidery
- Boden Launches Johnnie B Back to School
- West Coast FAB: Juicy Style From Orange County
- Film Directors Fashion Ads
- Madame Paulette - Tailor to the Stars
- Cynthia Rowley Dress-Up Band-Aids
- House of Waris Design Competition
- Levi's Curve ID Jeans Launch
- Barney's Warehouse Sale - NYC
- NY Fashion Week Ticket Giveaways
- Red Carpet Recessionistas
- FAB Exclusive: How-to Eat, Pray, Love with Kiran R...
- Celebrity Fashion Auctions
- Betsey Johnson's Birthday Party - Great at 68
- Guest Blog: Dead or Alive - MAD Museum Exhibit in ...
- Italian Vogue - Oil Spill Chic?
- FAB Link Love: The Best of Fashion Blog Links Last...
- Runway Ready? Women's Mafia Competition
- Tinsley Mortimer's Socialite Style - Samantha Thav...
- FAB GIVEAWAY: Diesel's Only The Brave/Iron Man
- FAB Sales Alert: Alexander Wang, Barney's
- The Sweet Life Limited Holiday Launch
- Taboo's Deltah TM 3008 Launch in Midtown
- Chelsea's First Daughter Wedding Chic
- ▼ August (24)
- ► 2009 (21)
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Photo by Steven Stipelman and Courtesy Photo
Has there been a more anticipated/speculated wedding this past year? Chelsea Clinton's nuptials to Marc Mezvinsky had the media interrogating everyone from shopkeepers, gardeners and Rhinebeck residents for details of the event.
The bride wore a custom Vera Wang gown of swirled tiers on the skirt, asymmetrical bodice and a hand-embroidered crystal sash. Mom wore Oscar de la Renta.
First daughter weddings have always held a soft-spot for the American public. Perhaps the second generation represents optimism and continuity of American family values?
Photo by Getty Images
The wedding of Jenna Bush to Henry Hager was planned to be chic and simple. The Oscar de la Renta gown had a relatively simple silhouette. The V-neck back and short train was flattering and looked unstructured. Of course, the entire dress was elaborately embroidered by hand. The bridesmaids wore Bush daughters favorite, Lela Rose.
Photo by Life Magazine
In 1971, Tricia Nixon's wedding gown was so impressive, Life Magazine made it their cover story. The Priscilla of Boston dress was the epitome of what elegant, fashionable brides aspired to wear. This particular gown was a combination of exquisite lace appliqued to tulle and net.
So what will Malia and Sasha Obama wear when the big day comes? With Mom Michelle being a champion of new designers, the fashion press expects nothing less than inspiring.