- ► 2012 (294)
- ► 2011 (185)
- NY Fashion Week Plans for Lincoln Center - First P...
- Molly Ringwald and Swarovski are Getting the Prett...
- Parsons 2010 Graduate Fashion Show
- Chambord First Lady of Fashion at the Kentucky Der...
- Italian Designers Promote the Artisan Movement
- FAB Sale Alerts: Fendi, Badgley Mischka & Manolo B...
- Loris Diran Preview Boutique Party
- Couturious Stylist Scholarship Contest! Ends Sunda...
- Fashion Inspiration Benefit for Leukemia & Lymphom...
- Designers For Earth Day - Fashion Showing Love for...
- Anna Wintour's Master Class
- Toronto Alternative Fashion Week April 21-25
- FAB Sale Alerts: Kooba, McQ by Alexander McQueen a...
- Monster Chic - Big & Furry Makes the Cut?
- Fashionable Film Series at the New School
- Yves Saint-Laurent & Renee Fleming Seducing Armida...
- FAB Sales Picks: Betsey Johnson, Rock & Republic, ...
- Zac Posen for Target 24 Hour Launch Party
- Sense & Sustainability Benefit Fashion Show
- Cole Haan Fall 2010 Press Preview
- CFDA Announces Nominees
- ▼ April (21)
- ► 2009 (21)
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Eco-friendly fashion designers Swati Argade, Helen Asir, Marcus Hicks and Rachel Lyra Hospodar presented a runway show of their collections on Friday at a benefit event. The proceeds of the fundraiser benefited a documentary about the Sankara Eye Foundation and the work they do. This foundation has performed about 550,000 free eye surgeries for underprivileged people and their goal is to have more than 1 million beneficiaries by 2020.
The fashion show itself represented a diverse range of eco-friendly options. Swati Argade sent elegant, feminine dresses in organic silks and cottons. Helen Asir showed fantasy couture pieces in organic silks and jewelled embroideries. Marcus Hick's SDN and Rachel's Medium Reality collections showed menswear using hemp, organic cottons, re-purposed and vintage fabric. ShareThis