- ► 2013 (288)
- Happy Birthday Faberge
- Sample Sale Alert: DVF, La Perla, Nicholas K
- Fashion Institute of Technology - Class of 2012
- Blogger Love: DIY Style of Summer
- Sailing Style in the City
- Sales Alert! Kara Ross, Zang Toi, Helmut Lang,
- Hot Flavors of Summer Fashion
- Busy Brides Find BHLDN
- Sunday Blogger Love: Art at the Heart
- Rembrandt THERSday at Townhouse Spa
- Rodarte Costumes the NYC Ballet Spring Gala
- Sales Alert: Christian Louboutin, Tods, Theory, Ti...
- Sunday Blogger Love: Wardrobe Revamp
- Ken and Barbie Get An F.I.T. Makeover
- Parsons School of Design - Class of 2012 Fashion S...
- A Trip to Land's End Fall 2012
- Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations
- Spring Beauty: My Top 5 Picks
- Spring Beauty: Smile Style
- Occupy Runway! Adrian Wu Fall 2012
- Sales Alert: Manolo Blahnik, Botkier, Rebecca Mink...
- Parsons Fashion Show - Accessories
- ▼ May (22)
- ► 2011 (185)
- ► 2010 (262)
- ► 2009 (21)
Monday, May 7, 2012
The five products I chose are the ones I have been A) using and buying for years, or B) have been purchasing regularly since my first date with them!
1.) MAC lipstick. I was at the Canadian fashion trade show way way back when Frank Toscan launched MAC cosmetics. Who knew this homegrown line would dominate as the top collection with fashion divas and drag queens alike? I have worn the Del Rio shade since high school, kissing the vanilla scented tube as my mainstay. My springtime shade is Sophisto.
2) Garnier B.B. cream didn't look particularly sexy, but the the moisturizing tinted cream has replaced by daily moisturizer/sunscreen/foundation combo with one product. It does help smooth out your complexion noticeably. It's more affordable with one product too!
3) Nail Art is the biggest fashion AND beauty trend this year. However, you need a very steady (ambidextrous) hand and a toMy fan patience. I have neither. My favorite easy manicure look is a glitter ombre combo. I start with a medium shade like OPI's Coney Island Cotton Candy then dab on Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear glitter nail polish on the tips. This technique hides lots of flaws. Finish with a topcoat of Essie's Good to Go.
4) I was skeptical of Revitalash and its claims. It just sounded like the PR fantasy claims that every high priced item came with. I gave my mother some products for her brows. Brows have always been her point of insecurity, going so far as to tattoo some in. It was a shock to me (and her) when after using the Revitalash on her brows and eyelashes, she actually had to pluck for the first time in her life. I have since used their mascara regularly ever since and still amazed at the results.
5) Maybelline has been a regular sponsor of Mercedes Benz Fashion week for several years now. Thanks to them, I have tried a large range of their goodies. I can't see I would use all of them again, but my hands down favorite is the New York Studio Volumizing eye shadow. They make dramatic eye effects super easy, with a clearly mapped out lid shade, brow bone highlight shade, crease shade, liner and sparkles.
Ok, I showed you mine, what are your favorite products of the season? ShareThis