Yes, make all the jokes you want about shoe and fashion addicts...Then, the inevitable lack of surprise about drugs in the fashion industry... I must say that this story in the NY Post was amusing:
A smuggling ring out of Columbia and Spain were caught trafficking cocaine packages worth about $70 000 each (about $630 000 total) into Spain. They used mules (ha!) to ferry the drug that had been mixed into a paste, then molded into designer stilettos and painted to resemble Manolo Blahnik shoes. Each pair of these knock-offs actually cost about a hundred times the cost of the real thing (that's a reversal...)
Was it a particularly style savvy drug cop that spotted these fakes? Or was some fashionista caught shoving a high heel up her nose? See the full story here.
photo from the NY Post
- ► 2012 (294)
- Sherry Hill Spring 2012
- Olivier Theyskens at FIT
- D2 Presents Post December and Sookei Spring 2012
- Le Cabinet de Curiosites at NY Mercantile Exchange...
- Eva Minge Spring 2012 (AKA The Show That Wouldn't ...
- Marisa Berenson, Fashion Muse
- Levi's Spring 2012 Jeans
- Fashion Film Festival - Secrets of the Orient
- Cesar Galindo Spring 2012
- Sample Sales! Martin Margiela, Jean Paul Gaultier,...
- Cocaine Filled Manolo Blahniks
- Rebecca Minkoff Giveaway + Holiday Sneak Peek
- Son Jung Wan Spring 2012
- Yoana Baraschi Spring 2012
- ▼ November (14)
- ► 2010 (262)
- ► 2009 (21)