- ► 2012 (294)
- ► 2011 (185)
- Circumpolar Shoe Fetish - Arctic Style and Functio...
- A Skater, Chocolates and a Designer Walk Into A Ba...
- Furry Boots Round-Up - Jimmy Choo, Tory Burch, Cou...
- Happy Holidays from Ms. FABulous
- Fashionable Aesthetics: Wearable Technology
- Costumes of Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark – Rise an...
- Japan Fashion Now Exhibit at the Museum at FIT
- Kate Middleton's Wedding Gown Designer
- Starring Theia Brides & Designer Giveaway!
- Fab Sales Alert: Alexander Wang, Y-3, Marc Jacobs
- Atelier Swarovski Celebration
- FAB Exclusive: Elle Fanning on Fashion, Vintage an...
- Sofia Coppola's Fashionable Premiere for Somewhere...
- Miss America and the Bottomless Closet
- Fashion Blogger Shoutout - Holiday Shopping with H...
- Pratt + Paper & Ralph Pucci Exhibit
- Tommy Hilfiger Holiday Shopping Party
- Rodarte Costumes for Black Swan
- Priscilla Queen of the Desert Broadway Costumes
- ShoeFete Vegan Shoe Party!
- I Love the 90's - An Ideal History of Contemporary...
- ▼ December (21)
- ► 2009 (21)
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Remember the paper dresses of the 1960's? Originally a marketing tool by Scott Paper company in 1966, it sparked a surprising trend that inspired many other manufacturers, including Andy Warhol.
The Pratt Institute opened a new exhibit in collaboration with Ralph Pucci this week. 50 design students were tasked to create a textural study to dress female mannequins. 24 pieces were chosen for the exhibit. Judges included fashion designer Anna Sui, Bergdorf Goodman's Linda Fargo, interior designer Vicente Wolf and others.
The exhibition will be open to the public on December 8, 9, and 10 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The exhibit takes place at Pucci's Gallery 9 showroom at 44 West 18th Street, on the 9th floor.
Photos by Geoffry Gertz ShareThis