- ► 2012 (294)
- ► 2011 (185)
- FAB Exclusive: Byron Lars - First Lady Favorite
- Sharise Neil's Rock n' Roll Kandy Wrappers
- Kim Kardashian, Kelly Ripa in Disguise for Cancer ...
- FAB Sales Alert: Alexander Wang, Dolce and Gabbana...
- The Dressmaker's Art - Bruce Museum, Greenwich CT
- MIAMI SWIM WEEK: True Religion Preaches American S...
- MIAMI SWIM WEEK: Mara Hoffman Spring 2011 Swim
- Michelle Obama Awards Cooper-Hewitt National Desig...
- MIAMI SWIM WEEK: Boys! Naila at Swell Suits Spring...
- MIAMI SWIM WEEK: Boys! Parke & Ronen Spring 2011
- FAB Sales Alert: Proenza Schouler,Helmut Lang
- MIAMI SWIM WEEK: Beach Bunny and the Kardashians S...
- MIAMI SWIM WEEK: Dolores Cortes Spring 2011
- Clarisonic's Buff and Polish
- MIAMI SWIM WEEK: Ed Hardy Spring/summer 2011
- MIAMI SWIM WEEK: White Sands Style from Down Under...
- Mod Mode for Mad Men...
- FAB Sales: Kara Ross, Lutz & Patmos
- Karina Wollinsky - Indie Italian Chic
- FAB Paris: My Favorite Shops in 3 hours
- FAB Paris: Contemporary Fashion Exhibit at the Mus...
- Flag Fashion - Happy Birthday America!
- Canada Day - Spotlight on Canadian Designers
- ▼ July (23)
- ► 2009 (21)
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Bonjour from Paris darlings. Ms. Fab here is taking a needed vacation overseas. I only have 36 hours here and have decided to spend it surrounded by beautiful clothes. The method easiest on your wallet is the Histoire Ideale de la Mode Contemporaines (History of contemporary fashion) exhibit at the Museum Les Arts Decoratifs.
The exhibit has many of the top Paris-based designers with their most famous, notable pieces of the 1970's and 1980's. Drool over iconic sculpted cone bustier dresses of Jean-Paul Gaultier, sculpted Issey Miyake bodices, architecturally sculpted shoulders from Thierry Muglier and Claude Montana. Dramatically lit, the walls have alsp projected fashion shows of that era so you can see how the pieces were originally presented.
For me, it was seeing the looks up close that inspired me to join fashion in my childhood. For the new guard of designers, it is a showcase of how the masters did it (and do it still!) ShareThis