- ► 2012 (294)
- ► 2011 (185)
- Drunken Dragon at Macao Trading Co.
- African Couture at the Sewing Hope Gala
- Patricia Field Does Chic Simplicity for SATC2
- CFDA's Fashion Incubator Ready to Cook...
- Style Moguls in Training at Fashionista Prep
- Haute Look + DecadesTwo Launch a Sex and the City ...
- Textile Design: Digital Printing vs. Old School
- Phantom of the Runway – Andre Leon Talley Next Fas...
- FAB Sales Alerts: Yigal Azrouel, Marc Jacobs, Stel...
- Modern Girl's Guide to a FAB Book Launch
- Pratt Fashion Show 2010 honors Catherine Malandrin...
- Candyland Meets Project Runway at Fieldston
- David Stark Blooms Over West Elm in Paper
- Lipsy London's Tea Party Launch
- FAB Sales Picks: Martin Margiela, Rebecca Minkoff,...
- Operation Design & Barney's New York Windows Aucti...
- Mother & Daughter Fashion Teams
- Judith Leiber 100 Accessories for $100
- Limelight Marketplace Opens Today!
- Rebecca Minkoff's Holiday 2010 Preview
- Red, White & Blue at the Met Gala
- Mon Ari's Fall 2010 Galactic Preview
- FAB Sales Picks: Vivienne Tam, Burberry, La Perla....
- Sak's Showcases Young Designers with Cocktail Cout...
- American Woman at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- ▼ May (25)
- ► 2009 (21)
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Sak's Fifth Avenue is the classic, elegant department store where many a young girl aspired to shop upon maturity. I never thought of it as a fashion forward pioneer of young talent though. That all changed Tuesday night when the store hosted an eventto show off exclusives from the hottest young labels of the industry.
Designers Doo Ri, Prabal Garung, Erdem, Christian Cota among others all presented cocktail dresses that were commissioned from the legendary retailer. 10% of the sales will benefit the Whitney Museum of American Art, another NY institution that acts as a patron for new talent.
Photo by George Chinsee ShareThis