designed costumes for Academy Award winning movie Black Swan with great fanfare (and controversy). The gorgeous feathered costumes for Natalie Portman were as much the star as the Oscar winner herself.
Since then, the Rodarte designers have been on a roll with theatrical dressing. They have collaborated with the Dutch National Ballet and just debuted the clean, modern, stripe costumes for the New York City Ballet
Spring Gala pictured above. The team was a reunion of Black Swan creatives, with choreographer/dancer (and husband to Natalie Portman post-movie) Benjamin Millepied and the actress herself as gala chairman.
Up next? The Mulleavy sisters are working on costumes for the opera. Specifically, the Los Angeles Philharmonic's Don Giovanni.
I'm hoping they will tackle Broadway next...How about an update on Jekyll and Hyde?
Photo from racked.com
- ► 2013 (288)
- Happy Birthday Faberge
- Sample Sale Alert: DVF, La Perla, Nicholas K
- Fashion Institute of Technology - Class of 2012
- Blogger Love: DIY Style of Summer
- Sailing Style in the City
- Sales Alert! Kara Ross, Zang Toi, Helmut Lang,
- Hot Flavors of Summer Fashion
- Busy Brides Find BHLDN
- Sunday Blogger Love: Art at the Heart
- Rembrandt THERSday at Townhouse Spa
- Rodarte Costumes the NYC Ballet Spring Gala
- Sales Alert: Christian Louboutin, Tods, Theory, Ti...
- Sunday Blogger Love: Wardrobe Revamp
- Ken and Barbie Get An F.I.T. Makeover
- Parsons School of Design - Class of 2012 Fashion S...
- A Trip to Land's End Fall 2012
- Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations
- Spring Beauty: My Top 5 Picks
- Spring Beauty: Smile Style
- Occupy Runway! Adrian Wu Fall 2012
- Sales Alert: Manolo Blahnik, Botkier, Rebecca Mink...
- Parsons Fashion Show - Accessories
- ▼ May (22)
- ► 2011 (185)
- ► 2010 (262)
- ► 2009 (21)